Pieces of news:
-Tyler's employer is going to pay for him to get certified speaking Spanish. All he has to do is take two days off of work to attend the class and he gets a 50 cent raise. Cha chinggg!
-Tyler likes his job.
-I enjoy listening to Tyler's stories from work. His job is 235872 times more exciting than mine.
-We went to the library last week and renewed our library cards. Since we moved into the Boise Library district we got brand spanking new cards! Mine has Shakespeare on it and Tyler's has a goldfish.
-We finished season 7 of NCIS. Maybe we'll be caught up once the show comes back on TV. Maybe.
-We don't have a dog. Yet.
Right now I am making some oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies. What a mouthful. Let's call them Chunky Monkey Cookies instead, yes? I am a weirdo when it comes to bananas. Once one of those unsightly brown spots shows up on them I consider them unedible. Luckily, Tyler will eat them that way. And lucky for me, I have delicious recipes like this one when they get too ripe.
Enough talk, here's the recipe:
Chunky Monkey Cookies
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine banana, sugars, butter, vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add egg; beat well.
3. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add flour mixture to banana mixture. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Drop batter 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 18 minutes, until solid and golden.
Enjoy!! Tyler just got home from work and he's already eating his second one. :) Hopefully he'll save some room for dinner.